When It Comes To Your Family, Experience Is Critical.

Firm office foyer
  1. Home
  2.  – 
  3. Divorce
  4.  – Modifying Prior Court Orders

We Can Help You Seek The Modified Court Orders You Need

Family court orders are not necessarily permanent. Your life may have changed significantly from when the judge first issued the order. You might also feel that your initial divorce order or custody order is predicated upon an error.  The court allows you to modify existing orders in certain circumstances – however, you will need the help of a qualified family law attorney.

You can seek reliable and intelligent counsel from Daphne Edwards Divorce & Family Law, PC. Our founder is an award-winning lawyer with decades of experience practicing family law in North Carolina. She serves the people of Raleigh and The Triangle by obtaining modifications to existing orders that suit their families’ new lives.

What To Know About Appeals In North Carolina

You may have the option of appealing the district court’s divorce or custody order before a state court of appeals. To do so, you must demonstrate that the previous trial involved an error or a misuse of the judge’s discretion. Even so, the appellate court rarely goes against the lower court’s decision.

For a fighting chance, you will need an experienced litigator, such as Daphne Edwards, who has litigated numerous appellate family law cases in state and federal courts throughout North Carolina.

When Can You Modify An Existing Order?

If you and your former spouse or your child’s other parent agree to modify an existing order, you can come to an agreement and file it with the court. Courts will nearly always grant agreed-upon post-judgment modifications. If the other party does not agree, you must file a petition for modification. Then, you may need to appear in court to explain the necessity of a modification.

As a divorce lawyer, Ms. Edwards regularly works with individuals and their former partners to renegotiate alimony arrangements, parenting schedules and many other existing divorce-related court orders.

Get Help With Your Modification From A Tough Family Law Attorney

It will take the intelligent, tenacious advocacy from a lawyer like Ms. Edwards to secure the modification of an existing court order or appeal a verdict.

Please call Daphne Edwards Divorce & Family Law, PC, at 919-891-8552 or send us an email today to set up a consultation with our Raleigh family law attorney.