Wake County Mediation Attorney
Mediation & Negotiation As Tools in Divorce in Raleigh, NC
Mediation is often used by parties in the process of separation and divorce and is an excellent, cost-effective method for resolving a dispute. Mediation may be used by the parties to determine the division of marital assets, child custody, alimony, child support and other related issues to their divorce.
Mediation involves the use of a neutral third-party who does not represent either party, but acts as a facilitator to help the parties reach an acceptable, legally-binding agreement. Contacting an experienced Raleigh Mediation Lawyer at Daphne Edwards Divorce & Family Law, PC is recommended.
To speak with out experienced Wake County mediation attorney, give us a call at (919) 838-7160 or contact us online today.
Advantages to Mediation
There are myriad advantages to mediation:
- In a mediation, the parties do not turn over the decision-making power to a judge, but instead, retain control over the end result.
- The mediation is typically conducted in an informal setting, unlike a courtroom, and involves the mediator speaking with each party to reach a mutually-agreeable resolution.
- It is not adversarial, is less expensive than litigation and is often faster than multiple court hearings.
- Still, the most important aspect of mediation is that the parties control the end result of the property division or custody dispute rather than placing the decision in the hands of the court.
Ms. Edwards regularly counsels and assists her clients in mediations to help them reach an acceptable, legally-binding agreement that resolves the issues involved in a divorce. In addition, our Wake County mediation lawyer is a Certified Family Financial Mediator and serves as a professional mediator for other family law attorneys and their clients.
Divorce Settlements in NC
A divorce settlement is a written agreement that, depending on where you live, it goes by a number of different names:
- Divorce Settlement Agreement
- Custody, Support, and Property Agreement
- Property Settlement Agreement
- Mediate Separation Agreement
- Marital Settlement Agreement
- Collaborative Settlement Agreement
It is the result of marital dissolution in which the divorcing spouses come to an agreement on important matters such as child custody, child support, alimony, and property division.
Divorce Settlement Conference
A divorce settlement conference is a meeting in which the divorcing spouses meet with their lawyers and come to an agreement on the previously mentioned matters. Divorce settlement conferences can be court-ordered or voluntary, depending on the jurisdiction.
Contact our Raleigh Mediation Lawyer Daphne Edwards for more information. Give us a call at (919) 838-7160.
Five-Star Reviews From Our Clients
"I can't speak highly enough of my experience with Daphne & her team. From first contact, and throughout the entire process, my daughters and I have received incredible support."- Jim G.
Get Started With our Experienced Team
Relentless & Aggressive
Daphne is relentless, in negotiations and trials, and while attempting to settle as much as possible, aggressive representation is sometimes necessary.
High Level of Skills
Daphne spent years working on federal and state appeals, giving her opportunities to develop strong legal writing skills, litigation skills, and negotiation skills.
Personal & DedicatedDaphne approaches each client with the personalized attention and care she would want her sibling to receive if going through a divorce; it's personal to her.
Decades of ExperienceDaphne has over two decades of experience in state and federal courts and has been negotiating and litigating divorce and family law cases for years.